Huwebes, Pebrero 13, 2014

Orthodontic Care Brings an Improved Disposition



Even if we don’t want to believe it is true, our looks affect our personalities and our attitudes more than we realize. Psychologists have proven that our physical appearance affects the limbic system in the core of our brains. The Limbic System is the part of your brain that controls our moods.

This is why when you are sick we end up feeling better after we have taken a shower and cleaned ourselves up a little. When you feel like you look really good, you end up having a better day. The opposite is often true on “bad hair days,” for example. The way we look can directly affect temporary levels of happiness.

I have seen this actually affect me. I used to have a small gap in my two front teeth from where a cavity needed to be filled. I was so self-conscious about this that I hardly ever wanted to smile because I felt like it was so noticeable.
Once it was filled in with the white filling, you couldn’t even see the gap anymore, and it made me want to smile. The more I smiled, the happier I was.

When my husband was just a little boy, he fell off the top bunk bed and hit his mouth on the ground. His teeth un-aligned and became completely crooked, spread apart, and poking outwards in all directions. His poor smile was so crooked and because of it, he almost never smiled.

All through his teen years he had a really hard time staying positive and being happy. He dealt with a lot of depression, because he was so self-conscious about the way he looked. It wasn’t until he got his braces on and his teeth straightened that his family members and friends started noticing positive changes in his moods.

A person’s smile is the first thing other people see, and people often judge us based on first impressions. This is why it is so crucial to find the most outstanding orthodontic surgeons and dentists available to help brighten and straighten you and your loved ones’ smile.

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento