Miyerkules, Mayo 8, 2013

You Know You Aren't Using the Top Dentist in Your Area When...



I thought I’d make a fun article about references to dentists, dental offices and teeth in general from the movies or TV shows where the lines originated. 
There are online directories where people requiring dental work can go to find the top dentists in their area. Here are a few examples of the dentists you won’t find on topdentistsonline.com.

                Hey Frank, if you keep cleaning those teeth, the Germans are going to see you from a mile away.

Band of Brothers (2001, TV series). World War II drama made a counterpoint to tooth whitening. Who would have thought that tooth whitening would have its drawbacks?

Well, I would have taken better care of my teeth.
Peggy Sue Got Married (1986, film). A middle-age woman reflects on many things she would have done differently when she is transported back in time to her high school years. I think all of us would have taken better care of our teeth when we were younger – given a second chance.

We're going to crash. We're going to die. They'll check out our dental records to identify our remains, and I haven't been to Dr. Overding for as much as a polish in over six months.

Cheers (1986, TV series). Diane worried too much, didn’t she? Dental records are kept for longer than six months — at least seven. This is just another good reason for your dentist to keep good dental records on you.

                Really, Mrs. Durant. Your teeth are more important than your hair!

Cactus Flower (1969, film). Goldie Hawn was the flaky mistress in this breakthrough role, but Ingrid Bergman was quite comical as the serious dental staff member.

                I wouldn't even date a dentist — hands in people's mouths all day.

Frazier (1997, TV series). OK, this is sort of an insult to dentistry. But you had to know the sitcom’s fussy lead character, who shared his apartment with his father. So which is worse, being in someone’s mouth all day or in someone’s mind all day as was Frazier? I’d date a dentist over a psychologist any day!

                Drink Slug-o-Cola, and keep your teeth that lovely shade of green.

Star Trek: Deep Space Nine (1998, TV series). Somewhere, a Trekkie has a dental hygienist for a mother.

                You know you're not supposed to brush your teeth for 24 hours before you go to the dentist.
Seinfeld (1990, TV series).More everyday (wrong) advice from the classic sitcom about nothing. I double brush mine on dental-visit day.

                Andy, today it was brought to my attention that the downside to this business is death ...
 
                I'm thinking about enrolling in dental hygiene school so my children aren't orphans.

Weeds (2005, TV series). The hazards of dealing drugs lead to thoughts of dentistry as a career. Why not? Every government report says jobs in dentistry are growing like weeds.
                                      
I'll never forget my first crush. She was a ravishing creature of eight, but it didn't work out.
 
The first time I kissed her, we locked braces. It took the dentist two hours to pry us apart.

The Addams Family (1965, TV Series). Gomez knew how to embellish the details of romance, didn’t he? My question is; what is so horrible about being lip locked for two hours?

I promised him that if he didn't bite the dental hygienist this time, I'd take him for ice cream.
 
I didn't have to take him for ice cream.

The Big Bang Theory (2012, TV series).I think it’s safe to say that Sheldon is probably not his dental hygienist’s favorite patient.

Holy molars! Am I ever glad I take good care of my teeth!

Batman (1966, TV series). The caped crusaders were grateful for simple things too, and we’re betting some young baby boomers brushed their teeth without complaint that night.

Well, there you have it: Lots of references about keeping teeth clean and visiting dentists on a consistent basis. For all you TV and movie junkies out there, keep brushing – and you might want to spend a minute online locating the top dentists in your area.

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento